Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a specialized device to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells, revealing fresher, smoother skin. While it is often associated with women, microdermabrasion can also benefit men, helping to improve the appearance and texture of their skin.
Men traditionally have oily skin, with large pores, which makes microdermabrasion treatments particularly effective.
A treatment developed in Italy, microdermabrasion polishes the topmost layer of your skin and removes dead cells, leaving a smoother surface. A crystal-free diamond wand is used in a gentle but firm stroking motion resulting in a painless treatment experience. We will spend 90 minutes treating your face and you’ll leave with a smooth and glowing appearance.
Microdermabrasion is a painless procedure and includes an initial cleansing, the microdermabrasion treatment followed by a soothing serum compress. We finish with a masque. It takes about one and a half hours and there is no downtime with this treatment.
You could benefit from microdermabrasion if your skin is:
- sun damaged
- pore enlarged
- oily or acne prone
- acne scarred
- prone to white heads and black heads
- finely wrinkled
- age spotted
- superficially pigmented
There are a range of benefits of microdermabrasion for men:
- Smoother, softer skin: Microdermabrasion removes dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, allowing new, fresh skin to come through. This results in a smoother, softer, more youthful-looking complexion.
- Improved skin texture: Men who have rough, uneven skin texture may benefit from microdermabrasion, as it can help to smooth out the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Minimizes the appearance of acne scars: Men who have suffered from acne in the past may have scarring on their face. Microdermabrasion can help to reduce the appearance of these scars by exfoliating the top layer of skin and encouraging new skin cell growth.
- Helps to reduce hyperpigmentation: Men who have dark spots or patches on their skin may benefit from microdermabrasion. This procedure can help to reduce hyperpigmentation by removing the top layer of skin, which may be discoloured.
- Reduces the appearance of large pores: Men who have large pores may find that microdermabrasion helps to reduce pore size. By removing the top layer of skin, the pores are unclogged, which can make them appear smaller.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Men who are concerned about the signs of aging may benefit from microdermabrasion. This procedure can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving the skin a more youthful appearance.
- Improves overall skin health: Microdermabrasion rejuvenates skin and improves the overall health of the skin by stimulating collagen production. Collagen is a protein that is essential for healthy, youthful-looking skin.
- Quick and convenient: Microdermabrasion is a quick and convenient procedure and is done here in our clinic. There is no downtime, and men can resume their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
The number of treatments required depends on your skin type and condition. Typically, six to eight treatments are required, followed by periodic maintenance treatments.
We often recommended microdermabrasion for:
- Face care: acne scars, fine wrinkles, blemishes, dehydrated or dry skin, oily skin, broken capillaries, rough or uneven skin.
- Minor skin abnormalities: sun-damaged skin, acne, back heads.
- Prior to many laser procedures.